5-Day Countdown To Quitting Smoking
To download and print this page as a PDF file, click here.
Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. If you do not have Acrobat Reader please click on the button for a free download.
To download and print this page as a word. doc file, click here.
Follow this 5-day countdown to your quit date.
5 Days Before Your Quit Date
- Think about your reasons for quitting.
- Tell your friends and family you are planning to quit.
- Stop buying cigarettes.
4 Days Before Your Quit Date
- Pay attention to when and why you smoke.
- Think of other things to hold in your hand instead of a cigarette.
- Think of habits or routines to change.
3 Days Before Your Quit Date
- What will you do with the extra money when you stop buying cigarettes?
- Make a list of non-edible treats that you can give yourself starting the first day of not smoking.
2 Days Before Your Quit Date
- Contact family and friends who have quit smoking, let them know what you aregoing to do and ask them if you can call if you need support over the next few weeks. Make a list of their names and telephone numbers so that you can refer to it at any time.
1 Day Before Your Quit Date
- Put away lighters and ashtrays.
- Clean your clothes to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke.
- Smoke your last cigarette.
- Then, throw away all cigarettes and matches.
- Go to your acupuncture appointment in the morning.
- Keep very busy.
- Remind family and friends that this is your quit day.
- Stay away from alcohol.
- Give yourself a treat, or do something special.
More on smoking and acupuncture:
|Click Here to Learn
More About Our
Smoking Cessation Package
|Click Here to Learn More On Common Myths About